Tuesday, September 2, 2014

What do you want on it?
Food..?
Drink.. 
Humor?
Stink..

There's so much to eat and so little time.

It's been some time since I blogged here on the SOUP, but I am ready and poised to knock em and sock em again..

While my experiences in the restaurant world have been confined to attempting to find something on menus palatable for my three-year-old son to devour, I have not lost the love..

I think a little conquest back into the server world is in order..
But before that occurs, here's a run down of what I have been doing since you last read my text..

I still work full time in a job unrelated to the food world. And I miss the food world quite a bit.. But forays in restaurants are only to eat as of late.. But that's less and less. I am making a ton more home cooked meals on my own.. I plan on utilizing this website as a way to tell you how I do it and what the finished product looks like.

I do fear, though, becoming just one of those typical food sites. There's enough out there that you don't need me telling you how to eat.

But I will offer this concept: The one ingredient diet..
It's less a diet and more a lifestyle.
And I am attempting, every day, to stick by it.
My idea for this began about a year ago when I realized how much I was sitting. And sitting.. and not moving. An unhealthy sedentary lifestyle  was not what a body needs. On top of that,  my food choices were just about horrible.
My beer intake was on par with my wine. And fast food..

Since achieving a new found dislike of the alcohol I once cherished, and eliminating most if not all (sometimes) of the pre-made frankenfood, I lost nearly 20 pounds and can see my feet once again at urinals. But even better: I feel good. I get tired, sure.. But who doesn't? We aren't all superhumans who never get a little sick or cranky. For the most part, I really feel better.

Little bread.. pizza on occasion.. Fried foods only if I do it myself in coconut oil.. And the rest from scratch. My own sauces.. my own concoctions. My own ideas.

I am not a health expert.. Any advice I offer is not medically proven. But I don't think it's unsound..

A few nights ago, I made tacos with kale and red cabbage.. Last night fried shrimp with a fresh basil, tomato, and brown sugar topping..

I will begin my best to share what I know and how I know it..
With that, the new and spiffy SOUP ON MY FLY will still feature the biting humor, the tales from the grind, and quite possibly an occasional story of night or two banquet serving. 

If I do it. If the mood is right.

Until then.. I'm 34 and still bake my own bread.

0 comments:

There's soup on my fly © 2013 | Powered by Blogger | Blogger Template by DesignCart.org