Tuesday, November 3, 2015

It has been a full year since I worked either full time or part time in the service economy.. With a child in my house and demands of full time employment that are often too stressful to ignore, the restaurant world has changed from an employer to a shopper's delight.  While my income level has significantly dropped without tips to help live, I have equally spent probably way too much in restaurants during the same time frame.

So where to go..?
What is this site to be?

I have been studying the hits lately. This site is still visited quite a bit, which surprised me once I took a look back.

I went through the annals of SOUP ON MY FLY... It began in 2007 prior to me being married. Prior to fatherhood.. back then I was complaining about the growing narcissism of people. Little did I know how much more clear that would become. As I read through the archive, I recalled each and every story with vibrant colors. They stuck in my mind since I wrote them down, including the now defunct Hawaiian restaurant in New York that offered up live streaming of girls in bikinis..

Those were the days.

But what days now?
Soup on my Fly is a cool little creation, if you ask me. And those who know me will also attest to the fact that over the years I've had too many websites to keep a handle on. I feel like a father on Maury Povich.. stretched too thin, and then suddenly I remember I have another website I forgot to update in a year or two. (IT has happened.)

For those potentially interested in some other of my work, visit http://nightterrornews.com/, a site that focuses on the strange and unusual, weird and bizarre. I am especially proud of this recent article. 

But Soup. On.. my ......Fly. What should it be?
Well there are too many cooking sites out there. I'd never compete with FOOD.COM or the like. And the FOOD BABE has completely dominated the war against chemicals and GMO, and I follow her sternly in that path..

I have an idea for my little site. I have a notion that it will attempt to explore some of the attitudes of the food industry, and some grown up problems within it. I will also .. perhaps.. attempt to begin an exploration of how I found health after ten years of horrid decisions in my 20s.

A grown up Soup on my fly?
With the music still included on the desktop version. Perhaps just expanded a bit in selection.

I will work more on this. I really enjoy having this website and don't want to see it become insignificant and defunct like so many others I followed from 2007 through about 2012, when suddenly all of the food and restaurant sites I followed suddenly gave up. (Perhaps when they quit the service economy.)

More to come.
Stay tuned.
Please?

Tagged: , ,

0 comments:

There's soup on my fly © 2013 | Powered by Blogger | Blogger Template by DesignCart.org