Saturday, July 18, 2009

Yes, there are those nights.. Those nights when the you see the bartenders slipping sips to themselves.. or a little too much to people that already had a little too much.

Nights when a server gets a new phone and instead of focusing on even the slightest bit of customer service, she's busy using her new Facebook app on the iPhone and texting friends behind the food cart..

Nights when cooks seem to lose all concern about food looking decent on plates ..

Nights when the owner's wife who's also a waitress gets so angry that she punches out before the post-banquet event is even cleaned--all because she wants to go home to watch the races.. (?!)

Nights when the dishwasher is antsy about going home because he wants to have sex--even though he just "knocked up" another girl in another town..She's keeping the baby, but they broke up anyway.. (!?!?!)

Nights when the manager "got there before everyone else" so she leaves immediately after dinner service, and without even lifting one buspan or tray of dirty dishes..

Nights when the owner takes no active role in stopping any of it..

And nights when even yours truly, this blogger Bryan, should get the can due to an enraged yelling at a cook after I took a piece of fish off a plate that was sitting there for over 40 minutes cold.. "SOMEONE else could have eaten that, and you picked at it" .. I did.. I yelled. Even I should have been fired tonight ..

I'm just glad it's over...

4 comments:

kim said...

ugh sounds like a rotten night

I had one like this a few nights back, and funny enough someone did get fired

they deserved it though

Anonymous said...

We've all been there my friend. It happens to the best of us.

Anonymous said...

why don't you quit? seriously

lots of people need a job

Anonymous said...

I think I should have been fired in my day too
One time I was, for nothing.All the times I cocked off to my boss and one time I didn't i get fired? ha

There's soup on my fly © 2013 | Powered by Blogger | Blogger Template by DesignCart.org