Saturday, June 7, 2008

MEMO TO THOUGHTFUL BRIDES: Re-think outside summertime weddings..

Working a wedding today in about 45 minutes.. The ceremony, though it will be evening, will be outside with reception inside to follow.. It's currently 92 degrees with a heat index above 100. Outside wedding. No water. 186 guests.
Evening a ramped up air conditioning system won't be able to match up against the puddles of sweat that will be following the wedding guests into the restaurant. No, instead, throngs of hot people will limp their sweaty feet and legs up to the bar stool, sit down, get drunk quickly without food, and further compromise their own inside health system during the heat wave. Followed up with their choice of chicken, beef, or fish.

When I got married, I toyed with the notion of an outside ceremony. Though my wife and I got married in late October. When it's breathable and comfortable for the most part.

Perhaps if I was a guest at today's outdoors ceremony, I'd re-think that check I wrote out.. Punish me? .. punish you!

Weddings during heat waves.

Always fun.

0 comments:

There's soup on my fly © 2013 | Powered by Blogger | Blogger Template by DesignCart.org